An Update on Minnie

Minnie at Pet Clinic

Minnie Looking Much Better

The doctor called early yesterday morning to let us know that Minnie was being sent for x-ray at another facility so we were advised to come in slightly later in the day instead. Minnie, who fell from our 6th floor window two days ago, also had to have her surgery put on hold as the blood test result showed that Minnie’s liver was badly damaged during the fall and putting her under general anesthetic is not a good idea at all. Her Creatinine level were high too which could mean two things: that her kidney could have stopped functioning or there were some massive muscle damage again causing the creatinine to rise. We are hoping for the latter. Her x-ray were good showing no signs of internal bleeding or broken limbs. She did however vomited undigested blood the night before.

Doctor Sharon would do another blood test today to check on the levels. If there is a 50-60% improvement in her liver function, she would go ahead with the surgery using the safest level of anesthesia. She wished she could hold off the surgery but unfortunately delaying it would mean Minnie would be in pain longer because of her broken jaw. It would also means delay in her being able to eat solid food.

When we visited her yesterday at 5pm. Minnie was all cleaned up. Doctor Sharon managed to clean all the blood from her nasal and mouth area and also cleaned her fur in the chest and front legs area so she was no longer smelling of blood. She also looked calm and the swelling on the face has gone down. Minnie also looked more comfortable and less restless than yesterday.

We are hoping that her current healthy condition would make her strong enough for her to pull through this ordeal. All prayers are much appreciated.

Minnie’s medical fees would be enormous. Kinda wish I had access to  cash advance somewhere so that I don’t have to use our credit card to pay the bill. Therefore.. any donation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

awan

First Two Commenter Gets FCSB from LadyJava.
Mariuca
Bill

57 Responses to “An Update on Minnie”

I see…. poor Minnie she is suffering.. wah badly damaged her liver, kesiannye.. aiyooooo still can't get over the fact they fell 6 floors down… :'(:'(
    My recent post Fluffy Friday # 21 – Sad Fluffy Friday **

• LadyJava says:

Yes GP.. Dr Sharon say.. all depends on today blood test.. hopefully all goes well for her. Cian dia! Tulah.. 6 storeys down.. but if you see the picture at the post before.. there are lots of awning and air con .. so we are suspecting Smokey “climbed” down .. however Minnie might have slipped instead L

My recent post Fluffy Friday # 21 – Sad Fluffy Friday **

• LadyJava says:

My recent post Fluffy Friday # 21 – Sad Fluffy Friday **

• LadyJava says:

Nasib baik Smokey is okay kan? Phew… so lucky! Smokey is a lucky meow! :*
    My recent post Fluffy Friday # 21 – Sad Fluffy Friday **

I hope she remains strong too so can go for the surgery…dah la cannot eat properly, broken jaw ouch… poor thing la.. :'(:'(
    My recent post Fluffy Friday # 21 – Sad Fluffy Friday **

Nasib baik Smokey is okay kan? Phew… so lucky! Smokey is a lucky meow! :*
    My recent post Fluffy Friday # 21 – Sad Fluffy Friday **

My recent post Fluffy Friday # 21 – Sad Fluffy Friday **

Nasib baik Smokey is okay kan? Phew… so lucky! Smokey is a lucky meow! :*
    My recent post Fluffy Friday # 21 – Sad Fluffy Friday **

9. Bill_V says:

I the x rays will come out good and that blood test will be positive so she can have the surgery my friend. I will keep Minnie in my prayers that she will have a total recovery and be back in your arms real soon dear LJ.

10. Bill_V says:

Hugs for Minnie and the rest and do keep us updated… :*<3
    My recent post Casino Fun Online and Offline!

Hugs for Minnie and the rest and do keep us updated… :*<3
    My recent post Casino Fun Online and Offline!

Hugs for Minnie and the rest and do keep us updated… :*<3
    My recent post Casino Fun Online and Offline!

14. Bill says:

15. Monica says:

:'(:'(:'( I feel so sad when I see her like this..
    My recent post Tangkak beef noodles

16. Monica says:

:'(:'(:'( I feel so sad when I see her like this..
    My recent post Tangkak beef noodles

17. Monica says:

:'(:'(:'( I feel so sad when I see her like this..
    My recent post Tangkak beef noodles

18. Monica says:

LJ, can u teach me how to donate? :-[ :-[ :-[
    My recent post An experience it was

19. Monica says:

LJ, can u teach me how to donate? :-[ :-[ :-[
    My recent post An experience it was

20. Monica says:

LJ, can u teach me how to donate? :-[ :-[ :-[
    My recent post An experience it was

21. […] our voices. She lost the battle as there was simply too much damage to her liver and kidney after her fall on Thursday. Even with an emergency blood transfusion, there was nothing else that can be done to […]

22. April Agony says:

[…] most current event, Minnie and Smokey fell from my 6th Storey service balcony. Both survived. Smokey is alright.. thank goodness. If her […]

23. This article is a TKO on each level. You really did a very good job with the info right here. It is interesting and well-written. Thanks a lot.