Fluffy Friday #19: Fluffy Minnie Needs Surgery

6th Floor - Minnie and Smokey Fell from hereAfter falling off from the 6th floor yesterday, Minnie is now safely at the clinic and awaiting surgery this morning. The vet was hesitant to do the surgery yesterday as she was still under trauma and also because the vet, Dr Sharon, needed to get the blood test back to see whether Minnie’s liver was damaged from the fall.

From her injuries, Dr Sharon, suspected that she might have fallen face first when she landed on the ground. She thinks that it wasn’t a direct fall and she must have had something that break her fall. Minnie suffered a broken jaw in two places, which would require surgery to be re-aligned again, and her upper inside mouth which had cracked needed to be sewn back, as it was really seriously torn. She also need to get x-ray to make sure that there is no internal bleeding. For now, Minnie is on the food and sodium drip. The doctor has given her painkiller and antibiotics to help her with the pain.

We also went to see her at 7pm yesterday and although her face had looked swollen and she looked really uncomfortable and in pain, she still responded to both our voices. In fact she even showed us that she peed, indicating a working kidney. Minnie would most likely have to stay for a good solid week at the clinic after her surgery as the doctor need to make sure she can eat on her own even with the wires in her mouth that would be used to realigned her jaws. OMG! .. it sounds so painful just writing about it..

Minnie dearest, please be strong for mommy and daddy alright.. we will check up on you every morning and evening until you are ready to come home with us to join your own siblings. Be strong little one!

Here are some picture of Minnie from the fall…

Minnie at Clinic Minnie at Home Shaved leg

At Clinic At Clinic 2 Minnie broken jaw

More Minnie Close up at home Where Minnie Was Found

Smokey, on the other hand, appeared as if nothing had happened to him. He is healthy without a scratch on his handsome face. The only difference is now is he wants our company more than usual. However, we are still monitoring him for fear of internal bleeding.

Ever Handsome Smokey

For both furkids to survive the 6-storey fall is truly is a miracle! Alhamdullilah!

PS: Minnie’s medical fees would be enormous so any help (no matter how small) with her medical expenses would be truly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

awan

First Two Commenter Gets Linky Love from LadyJava.

110 Responses to “Fluffy Friday #19: Fluffy Minnie Needs Surgery”

B sedih LJ, he cannot see the pics! So I had to read out to him! :'(:'(
    My recent post Fluffy Friday # 21 – Sad Fluffy Friday **

B sedih LJ, he cannot see the pics! So I had to read out to him! :'(:'(
    My recent post Fluffy Friday # 21 – Sad Fluffy Friday **

B sedih LJ, he cannot see the pics! So I had to read out to him! :'(:'(
    My recent post Fluffy Friday # 21 – Sad Fluffy Friday **

B sedih LJ, he cannot see the pics! So I had to read out to him! :'(:'(
    My recent post Fluffy Friday # 21 – Sad Fluffy Friday **

Alhmadulillah, memang miracle la… but Minnie sounds bad LJ.. I really hope she will get through this.. come on Minnie!! <3:*
    My recent post Fluffy Friday # 21 – Sad Fluffy Friday **

My recent post Fluffy Friday # 21 – Sad Fluffy Friday **

My recent post Fluffy Friday # 21 – Sad Fluffy Friday **

Maybe u should take Smokey oso to the vet just to check and see if he's really okay? Bagus la SMokey da Bear, so strong to survive the fall, crazy 6 floors!!!!! :*:@:o
    My recent post Travel Happy!

Alhamdulillah, memang miracle la… but Minnie sounds bad LJ.. I really hope she will get through this.. come on Minnie!! :*<3
    My recent post Travel Happy!

My recent post Travel Happy!

My recent post Travel Happy!

My recent post Travel Happy!

My recent post Travel Happy!

Happy Fluffy Friday kitties, Aunty GP and Uncle B so lega to see u guys back home and hope Minnie will recover soon, kesian banyak injuries and surgery.. :'(:'(:'(
    My recent post Cool Chemistry

My recent post Cool Chemistry

My recent post Cool Chemistry

My recent post Cool Chemistry

18. elaiski says:

im glad they are both okay now. hoping for minnies fast recovery, though

19. elaiski says:

im glad they are both okay now. hoping for minnies fast recovery, though

And big hugs for your mommy too for being calm and strong and fast in getting u guys home to safety asap, great job dearie, hugs! :*<3<3
    My recent post Fluffy Friday # 20 – Phoebe on My Pillow **

My recent post Fluffy Friday # 20 – Phoebe on My Pillow **

My recent post Fluffy Friday # 20 – Phoebe on My Pillow **

My recent post Fluffy Friday # 20 – Phoebe on My Pillow **

24. Bill_V says:

Poor Minnie i hope that see will be ok LJ. i will keep her in our prayers for a speedy recovery so she can come home to mommy and daddy very soon.<3
    My recent post Lainy's 2nd Blogoversary Contest

25. Bill_V says:

My recent post Lainy's 2nd Blogoversary Contest

26. Bill_V says:

My recent post Lainy's 2nd Blogoversary Contest

27. Bill says:

My recent post Lainy's 2nd Blogoversary Contest

28. Salam LJ.. Rizal doakan Minnie baik. Memang sedih kalau kita cat lovers kena macam ni. Bersabar ye.

Rehat dulu ya Minnie, kasi sihat nanti boleh manja2 balik dengan Mommy : )
    My recent post No Rafiqin, No Kesatria Poyos, No Piala FA 2010 : Just Another Rojak : )

29. Salam LJ.. Rizal doakan Minnie baik. Memang sedih kalau kita cat lovers kena macam ni. Bersabar ye.

Rehat dulu ya Minnie, kasi sihat nanti boleh manja2 balik dengan Mommy : )

30. Salam LJ.. Rizal doakan Minnie baik. Memang sedih kalau kita cat lovers kena macam ni. Bersabar ye.

Rehat dulu ya Minnie, kasi sihat nanti boleh manja2 balik dengan Mommy : )

31. Salam LJ.. Rizal doakan Minnie baik. Memang sedih kalau kita cat lovers kena macam ni. Bersabar ye.

Rehat dulu ya Minnie, kasi sihat nanti boleh manja2 balik dengan Mommy : )

32. Sparkle says:

I feel so awful for these kitties for having to go through this, especially Minnie! Am sending her lots of healing purrs and hoping she heals quickly. And hoping that Smokey just had a scare and is fine otherwise.
    My recent post Wordless Wednesday: Long Arm of the Paw

33. Sparkle says:

My recent post Wordless Wednesday: Long Arm of the Paw

34. Sparkle says:

My recent post Wordless Wednesday: Long Arm of the Paw

35. Sparkle says:

My recent post Wordless Wednesday: Long Arm of the Paw

36. @lilyarbee says:

Hi LadyJava,
    I am here immediately I read part of the story in facebook. I am truly sorry of what had happened to both your babies. It is hectic here with me too, Teddy is still not wanting to eat or drink, I got to feed here everyday. I have brought here tp Pejabat Haiwan twice. Dr said nothing wrong, but she need to drink alot.

I hove both you cats will be fine and Minnie will get through the surgery, pray she will get well soon. I am worried about my Teddy, drs in KL are more qualified! I had a bad day today, you can read that in my facebook profile.

Sorry about MM, did not even post it this week, pc is out again, luckily I am with my LT.

Lets all pray for Minnie especially and to Smokey too.
    My recent post Fluffy Friday #20 – One of my favourite cats

37. @lilyarbee says:

Hi LadyJava,

Lets all pray for Minnie especially and to Smokey too.
    My recent post Fluffy Friday #20 – One of my favourite cats

38. @lilyarbee says:

Hi LadyJava,

Lets all pray for Minnie especially and to Smokey too.
    My recent post Fluffy Friday #20 – One of my favourite cats

39. @lilyarbee says:

sorry lots of typing errors, actually I am tired and sleepy after I had a bad day today!
    My recent post Fluffy Friday #20 – One of my favourite cats

40. @lilyarbee says:

My recent post Fluffy Friday #20 – One of my favourite cats

41. @lilyarbee says:

My recent post Fluffy Friday #20 – One of my favourite cats

42. @lilyarbee says:

My recent post Fluffy Friday #20 – One of my favourite cats

43. @lilyarbee says:

I am here again dearest LadyJava half awake. I just hope you be strong to go through this situation. I am praying here and feel the pinch too, really sad but you must be strong. Pray and seek help from the Almighty for both your babies to be fine.

Hugzzz you now..

My recent post MM – I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith

52. Monica says:

stay strong Minnie!
    I hope she gets better soon *HUGS*<3<3:*:*
    My recent post MM – I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith

53. anny says:

oh gosh! what were they thinking…. good god! it is a miracle they survived. Hope both of them will get well soon. Hang in there LJ *hugs*

54. anny says:

55. anny says:

56. owww, I feel sad about the news. I feel your pain friend, it must have been hard. I really cant help with the financial but hopefully some of our blogger friends. Don't worry I'll be including the furrykids in my evening prayers here in the Philippines
    My recent post Chaotic organize in the room

57. owww, I feel sad about the news. I feel your pain friend, it must have been hard. I really cant help with the financial but hopefully some of our blogger friends. Don't worry I'll be including the furrykids in my evening prayers here in the Philippines
    My recent post Chaotic organize in the room

58. owww, I feel sad about the news. I feel your pain friend, it must have been hard. I really cant help with the financial but hopefully some of our blogger friends. Don't worry I'll be including the furrykids in my evening prayers here in the Philippines
    My recent post Chaotic organize in the room

59. Sara Cat says:

We are purring and praying for you Minnie and Smokey!
    Sara Cat, Cajsa Cat, Calle Cat and our Mommy Anna

60. Sara Cat says:

We are purring and praying for you Minnie and Smokey!
    Sara Cat, Cajsa Cat, Calle Cat and our Mommy Anna

61. […] at another facility so we were advised to come in slightly later in the day instead. Minnie, who fell from our 6th floor window, surgery was also put on hold as the blood test result showed that Minnie’s liver was badly […]

62. […] since his fall from the 6th Storey last Thursday, Smokey is on observation and I’ve been feeding him the best multivitamin there […]

63. […] knew about it. Azwaj went to check on them and brought them in. (Note: This is the same window that Minnie and Smokey fell off from April 2010. We already made the windows cat-safe but cats being cat, they can be quite […]