Strays and Spay

I saw a tweet from Alyssa Milano today with a topic that is very close to my heart, especially because I have these three young kittens right in front of my front door. All I can say is, read the article “A Letter from A Shelter Manager” and get ready to cry.

There are lots of cats here in my condo building. Some of these cats are of the local breeds but some are, I would say, the high breed ones, like the cat that visited us some time back. We still see him around at the lift lobby sometimes and since then, have seen other kitties as well loitering around the condo compounds. Some are spayed like the one that visited us and some are not. We found out from the shop owner downstairs that there are lots of abandoned cats here simply because when people move out, they “forget” to move their pets with them. How pathetic! And you know what? I think it is common practice here because each time I moved, there would be people who asked me, “So your cats all moved with you?”. I never really understood why they would ask that because it NEVER occurred to me to NOT bring them along. And now, ever since moving here, I finally understood.

Awan used to be stray too. She came to our front door, looking all skinny, decided to steal Azwaj’s heart and stayed on. We suspect she was abandoned too!

Anyway, with regards to the cat family living in front of our door, we pretty much decided what to do with them. We are now in the process of applying tick and flea medicine to make sure they are pest free. Next would be to deworm them. After that, we would spay them and all three of them will move in with us. As for the mommy cat, I think she is pregnant again though we can’t be sure. We would wait a while to see if her tummy gets any bigger and if it does, we would wait for her to give birth and then spay her but since she is used to living outside, she would remain outside and be free.

Sounds like a plan? Anyone wants to adopt these cuties?

That's NOT my sofa.. lol!

awan

First Commenter Gets Linky Love from LadyJava.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

65 Responses to “Strays and Spay”

OMG 8 meows in da house LJ? Lucky u have a kitty room!:*

lol the sofa koyak becoz of the cats kah?xD:D
    My recent post Waka Waka by Shakira

10. Monica says:

lol the sofa koyak becoz of the cats kah?xD:D
    My recent post Waka Waka by Shakira

11. Mel says:

Thank you for sharing my blog post "A Letter from A Shelter Manager". I'm very glad to meet someone else with a passion for saving pets. Thank you for all that you do!

12. Mel says:

13. Mel says:

SO agree! Thanks to Alyssa Milano, the word is being spread. And, I am ALL for that!

14. Mel says:

15. Caroline says:

oh gudness!! kittens!! lol i have two at home and its soooo geli! T.T

16. Caroline says:

oh gudness!! kittens!! lol i have two at home and its soooo geli! T.T

17. Ane says:

You know LJ, I would love to adopt some of those cats.. :)

• LadyJava says:

You do? OMG Ane.. how i wished you were in M'sia.. I would send personally to your doorsteps.. they are so adorable and getting cuter each day you know..

• Ane says:

you know the cats I feature on Fluffy Fridays are strays too, but whenever they come to our house we feed them and stuff, they come and go as they please and B just loves to use them as a subject in photography and the kids love to play around.. but they come and go as they please.. :)

• LadyJava says:

oh that is good enuff Ane.. at least you feed them.. for now that is what we are doing too. until we can be sure they are flea and worm free.. and potentially they are gonna be the free kind after we spay them :)

18. Ane says:

You know LJ, I would love to adopt some of those cats.. :)

• LadyJava says:

• Ane says:

• LadyJava says:

19. Ane says:

Pathetic indeed! how can you leave a part of your family behind, right?! tsk tsk!

20. Ane says:

21. Rebecca says:

Yes, I actually know some people who moved and left 2 of their cats behind! How can anyone DO that??? It's like leaving your kids behind as far as I'm concerned. Fortunately a neighbor took them in, I know cause I went over to check on them every few days.

I cannot possibly take anymore cats, for one thing it would be impossible to feed anymore and my landlady (the wicked witch) would absolutely freak if I had more…we moved in with three and now have four (Bella just moved in one day).

• LadyJava says:

Hiya Rebecca
      those pple are so awful.. they should never be allowed to own anything!

I know what you mean about not taking in any more kitties.. we have four and we really shouldnt be taking in anymore but look at us.. sigh…

22. Rebecca says:

• LadyJava says:

Hiya Rebecca
      those pple are so awful.. they should never be allowed to own anything!

23. Honestly, Jeez. One of the most awesome article on this subject evar!