Aggie’s Eye Surgery

aggie at vet

Aggie before surgery

Aggie is now at the vet and since her blood test is indicative of a healthy liver and kidneys, she is probably going through her surgery right now.

Basically what the doctor will do is to remove the ulcer in her eyes, hoping that it has not affected too deeply into her cornea. When that happens, we are hoping there would be slight bleeding which would mean that there is still blood circulation into her eyes. The doctor would then used Aggie’s third eyelid which is at the corner of her eyes to form a “patch” over the affected area. This “patch’ would then be secured with stitches and knotted just outside her eyelid. This patch would protect her eyes while it is healing for about three weeks during which Aggie would have to be wearing her “Victorian” collar. After her third week, the doctor would just pull the stitches from the knot that is outside her eyelid and hope her eyes would have recovered by then.

As if this is not worrying enough, I was just watching this video about hi tech pickpocketing over at youtube. So pay attention people and watch the video. This is serious stuff especially if your credit card has one of those RFID thingy.

ladyjava

First Two Commenter Gets FCSB Points from LadyJava.
Mariuca | Gagay

32 Responses to “Aggie’s Eye Surgery”

Here I can comment with ID, go figure!! :S
    My recent post January Top 10 Meows

It is worrying of course! And the process of recovery sounds tedious and long, sure hope ur baby is okay right now, cian dia sorang takde kawan.. meow! Get well soon Aggie! <3<3
    My recent post Fluffy Friday 60 – Sleepy Cats

3. gagay says:

=/ pity Aggie..hope everything will be getting fine soon..
    My recent post Would I be a Vegetarian

4. gagay says:

be good and healthy always Aggie! hugs from Tita GG!
    My recent post Cameron Diazs Dirty Mouth Stars in the Bad Teacher Trailer

5. Caroline says:

sigh sorry to hear bout Aggie.. :'( poor Aggie has to go thru this surgery. eye summore. it must be very painful one! :'(

6. Caroline says:

let us know how is Aggie after surgery yea dearie. 🙂
    My recent post MM – Price Tag by Jessie J ft BOB

7. Monica says:

ouch!!! poor Aggie….:'(:'(
    My recent post Mongolian Chicken Rice

8. Monica says:

i m sure she'll be ok LJ…dont worry k *hugs*<3
    My recent post I wanna go home!

9. BellaEnveeus says:

Hi sweetie! Oh no, I hope Aggie will be fine.. 3 weeks is so long.. Hope she won't be too disoriented about the whole thing.. Hugsies for Aggie! <3 :*
    My recent post My Maher Zain Live In Concert- Malaysia

10. Bill says:

Glad to here her liver is ok for surgery LJ. Now i am hoping that the surgery goes great then on the road to recovery and then Aggie will be back to her sweet adorable self. Keep us posted dear friend. <3
    My recent post Music Monday

11. June says:

A fantastic site! I have yet to read properly but best wishes for aggie.
    I am currently going through a change as i will be trainning as a vet nurse so hopefully i will be of some assistance at times. I love Cats so i am looking for people who are of the same nature.
    Please add to my blog (which is very new at the moment) and look forward to reading your blog in great detail x http://www.junespaws4thought.blogspot.com
    My recent post Paws4Thought- Vaccinations-Worming-Operations – General need to know when taking home your pet

12. Ane says:

Oh my gosh! Poor baby! :'(
    My recent post Pinoy English

13. Ane says:

At least her kidneys and liver are okay right? I feel sad. I hope she feels better soon! There's nothing more stressful than having a member of the family sick.. 🙁

Get well soon Aggie!
    My recent post Pinoy English

14. Ane says:

OMG! that credit card thing is scary! I am glad we don't have RFID cards in the Philippines yet.. 😛
    My recent post Pinoy English

15. […] had her surgery at the Urban Melawati Pet Clinic yesterday. She took her GA very well despite her age and the […]