Jam Jam Has Gone to the Rainbow Bridge

If you read yesterday’s post, you’d know that Jam Jam was not recovering well. We decided to remove her bandage in hopes of making her feel better as it was wrapped in a such a way that her tummy is all scrunched up. But since we removed her bandage, we must watch her so that she does not move excessively and cause the cross pin to move and affect her joints. We decided that we will sleep with her.

Azwaj moved around some stuff and made an area for us to camped out in the study. I decided to place Jam Jam on my lap to make sure I wake up whenever she moved. It was also necessary as I had to syringe her with water every few minutes as she was badly dehydrated.Β  So there we were. Me sitting propped up againstΒ  a few pillows with Jam Jam in my arms and A sleeping next to me making sure his face was facing Jam Jam. This was 3am this morning.

jam jam sleeping

jam jam sleeping on my lap

Jam Jam made it through the night. By 9am, we were already at our regular vet and Doc Sharon was reading through Jam’s discharge papers from UPM. Within minutes, an IV drip was setup and Jam Jam’s tail start to wag again.

jam jam clinic

jam jam at the clinic

However, she suddenly started retching away. She started to vomit blood. Doctor Sharon was worried that it was her liver especially after hearing that the doctor at UPM did say that her liver would be cause for worry especially if she does not eat. Doc Sharon was not able to administer any medicine as Jam Jam was really weak. The next few hours was critical. Unfortunately her condition deteriorated. When her heart stopped the first time, Doctor Sharon was able to revive her but when it happened the second time, she was unable to as Jam Jam was already too weak.

Jam Jam left us at 11am today. Our baby was only one.

Thank you for all the kind words and concern comments about Jam Jam. We are really humbled. The tears are still flowing but she is in a better place and without pain right now. For that we are thankful.

jam jam cuteness

Rest in Peace Jam Jam

ladyjava

First Commenter Gets FC from LadyJava.
Thanks for all ur comments
Shemah

22 Responses to “Jam Jam Has Gone to the Rainbow Bridge”

1. Shemah says:

I’m so sorry for the loss of Jam Jam.. I know I have been quiet lately and I was slow to catch up on the news of Jam Jam and her recovery. But whatever snippets I read, I wish and prayed for the best. πŸ™ My condolences to you and Azwaj. πŸ™

May she find happiness and be pain free among the rest of your kitties over the rainbow bridge..

2. Caroline says:

So sorry to hear this dearie. :'( My condolence to u and A. πŸ™ RIP Jam Jam <3
    My recent post Where To Find Rooms?

3. @wildtazz47 says:

My condolences for the loss of sweet jam jam. I am so sorry to hear this but like you said she is in a place she has no more pain. I have not known much about her but will still miss her. May prayers are with you and A and also pray that you will find the strengh and peace that you need. Myself as all your friends are her for you my dear sweet friend. Hugs.

4. Monica says:

oh dear..i'm so sorry to hear abt Jam Jam..how heart breaking:(:( my condolences and my heart goes out to u and Azwaj..,hugsy LJ!:(
    My recent post Lao Qian Ice Cafe @ Jonker Street

5. Anny says:

We are so sorry to hear about Jam Jam… we were hoping she'll make it.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you LJ. *hugs*

So cute she looked pakai selimut LJ, at least you kept her company that night and slept with her kan… I'm sure she could feel ur presence nearby and that gave her some comfort,meow! <3
    My recent post Fluffy Friday #72 – Meet Pablo! *

Rest well my furry friend and I hope ur other sisters and bros are caring for u well up there in meow heaven, hugs all around. LJ, son;t be too sad… u will always be with her and vice versa in spirit and in memories, more hugs!<3
    My recent post Stop the Abuse, Please Sign the Petition! *

8. Ane says:

Oh my gosh LJ.. πŸ™ I am so very sorry for your loss.. πŸ™ I am at a loss for words, I hope that you and A will be okay..

Hugs!
    My recent post Creating Endorphins

9. Ane says:

At least we get some comfort in knowing that she is no longer in pain and that she is already in a better place! more hugs!
    My recent post Creating Endorphins

10. […] lost Jam Jam, our cat, after she fell. She underwent surgery but didn’t recover […]